Friday, October 12, 2012

Attempt at Portraits




My attempt at taking portraits, there are some technical things that could have been done better here, I'm not happy with my pictures but I happy with my efforts. This is Jessica Lax a museum curator in Athens, Ohio. Curating is something I'm interested in doing in the future, so I said why not photograph her for my assignment.

I recently got into portraiture after reading some material by Josh Birnbaum which was very insightful. He was talking about the balance between subject control and photographer control in photographs. It made sense to me, and his work reflected his philosophe when I checked out his website. So I now embrace the portrait as an exploration device into people's lives

I'm lacking a tighter shot here out of this selection and I centered her in almost every photo. I plan on going back and ding this shoot better this coming week. So be on the look out to see pictures from my reshoot. 

-Aaron


No comments:

Post a Comment