Thursday, May 23, 2013

New Adventures with Jean P (from April)

When I think about documentary photography and photojournalism, I think about having that one story you keep going back to and for me that story is with musician Jean P Johnson. There is a genuine connection Jean and I have, when I photograph him I get inspired to try new things with my photography. Jean is an amazingly talented MC from Canton, OH, and ever since I first photographed him I knew it wouldn't be the last time. Jean has since left Ohio University but these images are from his return to perform on campus, opening up for Ace Hood.

 One thing I noticed about Jena is that he works relentlessly on his craft or rhyming and music quality. He won't put it out until he is totally satisfied with what he has created, and he also has a great team of peers around him who help push his work to that next level.

Besure to check out Jean's music at jeanpthemc.bandcamp.com 








No comments:

Post a Comment